How to recover the video in Windows Movie Maker
If you encounter a crash of windows movie maker, a computer failure, or forget to save the project, don't be panic. Use Windows Movie Maker to restore your videos and projects through the unique automatic saving function of it.
Here we provide 2 solutions. Before starting the recovery, please make sure that your computer is already in a stable system to avoid accidental loss of files again.
Solution 1： Use open recent project
1. Click the "FILE" at the main menu, select "Open Recent...".
2. It has the list of recent projects, you can find some project name with "untitle_*", the "*" means the recent auto-save project's count number. Click with the biggest one, you can find the latest project.
3. Keep editing it and don't forget to save the project.
Solution 2： Find auto-save file's location
1. The auto-save file of your project is located here: "\Documents and Settings\UserAccountName\VideoWinSoft\project\autosave\".
2. In the folder, there is the list of date name folder, double click to enter your work date folder.
3. Find the latest name of project's file and open it with Windows Movie Maker. Keep editing it and don't forget to save it.